We prepared for you the collection of the 15 most romantic towns in Spain to visit as a couple – enjoy!
Segovia has all the characteristics to be an ideal destination for a romantic getaway. It’s perfectly beautiful, its important monuments made it a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it’s close to Madrid, and its cuisine is just exquisite.
Romantic things to do in Segovia:
- See the impressive, enormous ancient Roman Aqueduct of Segovia.
- Walk around the perfectly preserved old city walls and the historic center – the lighting of the walls gives the city a charming atmosphere.
- Visit the Cathedral and the Alcázar of Segovia, both immense and full of history – they are a visual pleasure!
- Eat, eat and eat: Segovia is famous for asados (roast meats), cochinillo (suckling pig), lechazo (suckling lamb) and cordero (lamb).
Romantic hotels in Segovia:
- Hotel Infanta Isabel (3 stars) located in the Plaza Mayor stands out for its quality / price ratio.
- Hostería Natura Plaza is located in a strategic location, between the Plaza Mayor, the Cathedral and the Aqueduct.
- If you can afford it, Villa Don Juan II in the center of Segovia in the San Andrés neighbourhood is absolutely fabulous for couples.
Another gem located near Madrid (only 70 km awa) is Toledo, the former capital of the Spanish Empire. Toledo boasts over 2,000 years of history and has one of the largest historic centres in Spain, enlisted by UNESCO. It is a magical city where you can feel taken back in time, with its narrow streets to get lost, the great panoramas to admire with your loved one.
What to do in Toledo:
- Walk a bit outside the city at sunset – the view of Toledo illuminated by night is incredible.
- Visit the Sephardic Museum in the Jewish Quarter, located in the Tránsito Synagogue.
- Gastronomy: Toledo was the capital of gastronomy in 2016, you can not leave without trying the perdiz estofada (stewed partridge) and carcamusas (pork and vegetable stew).
Romantic Hotels and apartments in Toledo:
- The Element Rooms apartments are rated with 10/10 for a travel as a couple. They are located in the city centre, in one of the best parts of the city and are relatively cheap.
- The hotel YIT Conquista de Toledo (3 stars), is located in the historic centre of Toledo and has one of the best quality / price ratios of the hotels in Toledo.
- With the picturesque name of a “Biscuits Oven”, Horno de los Bizcochos is apartment located in the centre and offers one of the best views of the city. Highly recommended.
Many unknown villages and small towns of Spain look like taken straight from a fairytale. Albarracín is definitely one of those. The town has Muslim origin and considered by many one of the most romantic towns in Spain – and even the most beautiful one! The pink colour of the bricks and tiles, typical in Teruel, make the panoramic view spectacular.
What to do in Albarracín:
- Walk around the town walls and enjoy the panoramic view, both by day and night.
- Get into the labyrinth of the town, strolling from the Portal de Molina and passing by the Cathedral – the narrow and twisted streets of Albarracín are unique.
- Enjoy a slow and romantic weekend with your partner, leave your mobile in the hotel and just unwind.
Hotels for couples in Albarracín:
- Hotel Doña Blanca is located right in the centre of Albarracín. It is in high demand given its great value for money, and it offers free parking.
- Romantic, beautiful El Zaguán has one of the best ratings of the town on Booking, due to its unique character and a great view at the pink rooftops of the town.
4. Teruel (Aragón region)
Teruel – the main town of the small and undiscovered province south of Aragon is a perfect destination for a romantic getaway. It is best reached from Valencia or Zaragoza.
- Enjoy the unique local Arab style of architecture called Mudéjar – UNESCO heritage – visiting the Cathedral of Santa María de Mediavilla.
- Get enchanted by the history of lovers of Teruel.
- Gastronomy: You just have to taste migas turolenses and gazpacho de pastor (shepherd’s gazpacho).
Boutique hotels in Teruel:
- Hotel Reina Cristina in Teruel is located in the centre and offers a combination of quality and comfort difficult to beat.
- Hotel Oriente (3 stars) has a great location and its decoration is very striking. Very well rated by couples.
Cadiz is synonymous with the sea, culture and carnival, but it is also an ideal romantic destination throughout the year due to the climate and size of the city.
What to discover in Cadiz:
- History and architecture: The old town Pópulo neighbourhood (where the cathedral and other tourist attractions are) and the fantastic Town Hall square.
- Enjoy the promenade and the Castle of Santa Catalina. The sea enhances love ;)
- Gastronomy: Try frito gaditano (Cadiz style fried fish) and tagarninas (dish of thorny nutty-tasting plants).
Recommendation for romantic hotels in Cádiz:
- Alquimia Albergue-Hotel has stylish interiors full of fantasy and a good quality/price ratio.
- The exclusive Hotel Casa de las Cuatro Torres, housed in a fascinating historic building, offers romantic and elegant interiors and perfect breakfasts.
6. Alquézar (Huesca province)
Alquézar along with Albarracín (above) is always mentioned among the most beautiful villages of Aragon and Spain. It is a small medieval town of Muslim origin that has attracted a large number of tourists in recent years. Its isolated location and conservation make it a romantic getaway highly recommended especially for a trip from Huesca or Zaragoza.
- Admire the views of the town from a distance.
- Enjoy the charming medieval streets of the town and relax in its slow, out-of-time atmosphere.
- Gastronomy: Try borrajas (borage, a local plant) with potatoes and for dessert a cake of Ribagorza.
Romantic hotels in Alquézar:
- The Hotel Boutique Maribel in Alquézar offers a unique and spectacular combination of medieval architecture, unique Mudéjar-style roof and modern rooms. Highly recommended.
- The spectacular and extremely charming decor and good service of the Alodia rural hotel make it worth 9.5 rating for trips as a couple.
7. Ronda (Malaga province)
Ronda is a classic among the most romantic towns of Spain. Located on a 100 meters high ravine and surrounded by nature, Ronda is a perfect place for lovers.
- Enjoy the views from the Mirador de Ronda.
- Walk from Plaza España to the Puente Nuevo, the main tourist attraction of the town.
- Enjoy the local homemade food.
Romantic rental apartments in Ronda:
- Deluxe Apartaments Ronda are well located and are a great value for money. Book in advance, they are highly requested.
- Colegiata de Ronda is in the historic centre and offers a combination of location and price that is impossible to match. A great place. As the hotel above, it’s one of the first to run out of available rooms, so don’t delay booking!
Malaga is really pleasant to stay in, as it’s small enough to see everything and go everywhere by foot, yet big enough to be vibrant and exciting, including the nightlife. The sea promenade and great monuments make it a splendid destination.
Best things to do in Malaga as a couple:
- Visit Alcazaba – a beautiful 11th century Moorish castle of the with panoramic views over the sea and the beautiful city below
- Admire the great Pablo Picasso museum – Malaga is his birthplace
- Stroll around the charming streets of the historical centre and take a walk on the beach
Hoteles románticos en Málaga:
- Hotel Boutique Teatro Romano is a beautiful hotel right In the historical centre with all the attractions nearby
- Spectacular and luxury Gran Hotel Miramar is a real treat, with a seaview, a spa and super rich breakfast.
9. Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela may be associated with religion and pilgrimage, but it is a cultural city with great monuments and a university, and with excellent cuisine. It’s also very green compared to the rest of Spain.
What to do in Santiago de Compostela as a couple:
- Enjoy strolling through the historic quarter considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO – the narrow medieval streets are ideal for lovers’ walk.
- See the beautiful Hostal of the Catholic Kings (constructed as a religious building in the 15th century, it is the oldest continuously operating hotel in the world), the Cathedral.
- Gastronomy: Pulpo a la gallega (Galician octopus), chipirones (squid) and empanada gallega (Galician pie).
Hotels and apartments in Santiago:
- One of the most attractive and romantic apartments in Santiago is the Hogar Catedral, 300 meters from the centre, luxurious, elegant and cozy.
- Hotel Rua Villar (3 stars) offers the ideal combination of quality-price-location that we always look for in any trip, so it’s almost always full – book in advance!
Barcelona is dynamic, cosmopolitan and it is one of the most complete cities in Spain, offering absolutely everything you can dream of: culture, sea, monuments, art, architecture, design, gastronomy, panoramas and nightlife – its attractions are endless.
- Immerse yourself in the mysterious atmosphere of the narrow streets of Gothic Quarter with its spectacular Cathedral and proceed to Born quarter
- Relax on a pleasant walk along the Barceloneta beach all the way from La Rambla to the Olympic Port
- Let the panoramic views surprise you! There are plenty of points to admire Barcelona from above, from the Bunkers del Carmel, to Parc Güell and Tibidabo,
- Enjoy the world-class nightlife of this incredibly lively city that never sleeps!
Best romantic hotels in Barcelona:
- Hotel W Barcelona is the ulterior luxury and one of the landmarks of the city (on the photo above), visible from the entire beach and every panoramic place of Barcelona. The view is breathtaking – you will feel there like a celebrity!
- Dalia Ramblas with its stylish interiors has a gorgeous location in the very heart of the city near La Rambla.
- Hostal Operaramblas has ultra modern look and a fantastic location in the historical Centre close to the main monuments and great restaurants.
- Ciutat Vella not only has a superb location, it also has a rooftop hot tub!
11. Palma de Mallorca
Mallorca is a great destination to unwind and forget about the everyday life. Palma is just perfect for a trip as a couple: it’s very pretty with its narrow streets and historicaal buildings, and the seaside is perfectly designed for pleasure, making it definitely one of the most romantic towns in Spain.
Our recommendations in Palma:
- Visit La Seu – the famous medieval cathedral built on the place of a former mosque and restored by Gaudì
- Take a walk in the Old City – a labyrinth of narrow streets of Arab origins
- Enjoy the famous nightlife in numerous exciting bars of Mallorca!
Read about the best beach in Mallorca here
Romantic hotels in Mallorca:
- Boutique Hotel Calatrava is a superior level of luxury and it will make your romantic holidays unforgettable.
- Hotel Almudaina in the Old Town offers panoramic views and is very comfortable.
Authentic Andalusian atmosphere, beautiful landmarks, lots of places for long walks and bustling nightlife make Seville a very romantic destination. There are plenty of attractive ways to spend time as a couple, making vivid memories.
What to do in Seville:
- Definitely go to the Real Alcázar, un extravagant Moorish palace with splendid romantic gardens to get lost with your loved one in its hidden corners.
- Visit its famous Cathedral, the biggest Gothic church in the world, with a dazzling altar coated with gold.
- See the fascinating modern structure Metropol Parasol (nicknamed Las Setas – the Mushrooms), the largest wooden structure in the world.
Romantic hotels in Seville:
- Hotel Doña Manuela with its charming, romantic rooms is a fantastic value for money
- Hotel Posada del Lucero in the city centre is a refined and elegant place for romantic getaway
13. Ibiza Town / Eivissa
Ibiza isn’t exactly seen as a romantic place, right? Yet the main town of the island of the same name – or Eivissa in Catalan, is a really pretty town which has a lot of atmosphere.
How to enjoy Ibiza as a couple:
- Explore the city walls and monuments of Dalt Vila – the old part of the town, enlisted by UNESCO (admit it, you didn’t expect UNESCO in Ibiza!)
- Take a walk in the port and relax in its cool bars
- Watch an unforgettable winter sunset on completely empty beaches
The most romantic hotels in Ibiza:
- Eurostars Ibiza is a feast for the eyes, the decor of the rooms and all spaces is just wonderful
- Tasteful, beautiful and with a great seaview – Sud Ibiza Suites has it all
14. Ciutadella de Menorca
Menorca is ideal for a romantic getaway by the sea. It has nature, virgin beaches and is not so crowded with tourists at this time of year.
Romantic getaway in Menorca:
- Enjoy the seafood – perfect food for the occasion, as it’s an aphrodisiac ;)
- Rent a boat and become sailors for a day.
- Relax, nothing else is necessary. As any tourist destination worth visiting, Menorca has nice restaurants, hotels and services to help its guests disconnect.
Romantic hotels in Menorca:
- Sodium Boutique Hotel is comfortable, lovely and is a great value for money.
- Hotel Port Ciutadella has excellent location in the centre, spacious and elegant rooms and rich breakfast.
15. Tossa de Mar
An extremely popular tourist destination in the summer, Tossa becomes more quiet and authentic out of season. Its wonderful castle, dominating the town and facing the sea, is one of the loveliest places in Spain for a romantic walk by day or by night.
What to do in Tossa de Mar as a couple:
- Stroll around Vila Vella – the old part of the city with the castle towers, enclosed within the city walls
- Enjoy the beautiful panorama from the lighthouse square
- There are great paths for walks in the nature with the seaview
- Have a romantic, relaxing dinner and drinks in one of the lovely restaurants and bars
Read about the beaches in Tossa de Mar here
Romantic hotels in Tossa:
- Lovely Hotel Cap d’Or boasts a wonderful location, romantic decor and comfortable beds.
- Delfín is a romantic, stylish hotel with a rooftop hot tub and excellent breakfast.
Other Romantic Towns in Spain
Do you know other most romantic towns in Spain that are not on our list? Write them in the comments and we will add them.
Read about other beautiful Spanish towns here.