The Museum Island in Berlin (Museumsinsel) is the cradle of the history of the city, being currently one of the most visited and emblematic places of the German capital. For its importance, it was declared UNESCO World Heritage site.
The island is delimited by the tributaries of the river Spree. Here the first settlements of the city were located. It is currently an island that preserves part of the Palace of the electors of Brandenburg. But mostly, it is known for hosting the five impressive museums that give name to this fantastic monument:
- Old Museum – Altes Museum
- Bode Museum
- Old National Gallery – Alte Nationalgalerie
- New Museum – Neues Museum
- Pergamon Museum – Pergamon Museum
If you go to see this small island, do not forget to visit another Berlin monument right next to it: the Berlin Cathedral.
- Web: http://www.museumsinsel-berlin.de/
- Phone: +49 030 266 29 87
- Address: Am Lustgarten 1, Berlin, Alemania, 10117